Pizza PartyRecipe for two pizzas.
Prepare dough 24hr in advance.
- 240g 00 flour
- 150ml warm water
- ½ tsp fast action yeast
- ½ tsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 dtsspn everyday olive oil
- 1 tin San Marzano tomato
- Pinch of dried oregano
- 120g grated mozzarella
- Mix the dough: Add the water into a mixing bowl and stir in the yeast and sugar. Add the oil, flour and salt and mix to a dough. Rest the dough for 15 minutes.
- Knead 1: Rub oil on your hands and a work surface, and knead the dough for about 12 seconds only, giving it a quarter-turn each time. Rest the dough for 10 minutes.
- Knead 2 & 3: Repeat the kneading step twice more at 10 minute intervals.
- Cold fermentation: Put the dough in an airtight container and place it in the fridge for 24hrs. Remove the dough from thr fridge 2hrs before cooking time. These quantities should make two 200g dough balls.
- Sauce: Drain the tomatoes from the tin and add them to a saucepan. Squish the tomatoes with your hands. Add the pinch of dried oregano and simmer the tomatoes for 5 mintues.
- Heat: Put a large frying pan (26cm) on a medium heat, preheat the grill to high.
- Shaping the dough: Flour a surface and use your finger tips to make the dough into a pizza shape. Pick up the pizza and hang the dough, moving round in a circle, to stretch the dough until it is approx. 26cm diameter.
- Cook 1: Move the base into the hot frying pan and cook until the base has begun to char, adding a spoonful of tomato sauce and 60g of grated mozzarella once the top starts to dry out.
- Cook 2: Once the bottom looks done, grill until the cheese is bubbling and the edges are brown. Finish with a few leaves of basil or a sprinkle of dried oregano, and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.